The Self-Discovery Class has two objectives and three main methodologies:
1) To insure that the youth graduate from high school,
2) To greatly increase the number of youth graduating from higher education.
1) Increase the core knowledge that the student needs to progress in education
2) Increase the self-expectation of the student that he or she CAN graduate from higher education (tutoring is a very large component of this higher self-expectation),
3) Provide the knowledge necessary to obtain scholarships to fund his or her education.
We begin with Latino youth because:
1) Latinos are the largest minority in America, and by about 2050 they will constitute about 50% of all students,
2) Latinos are in an “educational crisis´ in which they are underperforming all other ethnic groups, and in particular are under performing white youth by as much as 3X,
3) Latino youth have a strong family structure which we believe will enable them to progress very rapidly with a minimum of intervention presented in an effective manner.
4) Thus, we believe that with the Diversity Discovery Class offered throughout the nation, that we can increase the college graduation numbers, during the next 35 years, by 8 Million to 12 Million. (With no other group do we believe that we can have such spectacular results, and affect the lives of so many youth and their families, and thus the environment of the United States of America.)
To go to the complete explanation of the Self-Discovery Class, click here: http://www.youthdiscovery.org/diversity discovery-class/
To to to the Diversity Discovery Class Abbreviated Table of Contents, click here: http://www.youthdiscovery.org/toc-quick-summary/
To go to the Self-Discovery Class Detailed outline, click here: http://www.youthdiscovery.org/sdc-detailed-outline/
Youth Discovery Inc.
60 West 1000 North
Logan, UT 84321
Copyright © 2014 Youth Discovery Inc, All rights reserved